Directions & Map
- From Pretoria direction along the N1 take the 224 off-ramp (Settlers/Bela Bela/Codrington) and turn left at the top of the off-ramp onto the R576 towards Codrington.
- Proceed straight and turn right at the T-junction onto the R101 towards Bela Bela.
- Proceed straight for 18 km past Bela Mall and the Waterfront restaurants.
- Proceed straight into Bela Bela town and at the traffic lights facing a Total and Engen garages turn left and follow the road past a Stop sign.
- At the second Stop sign facing a SuperSpar, turn left and proceed past Forever Resorts (Warmbaths). Proceed straight past the Bela Bela hospital and take the first left at the traffic circle direction towards Thabazimbi/Mabula/Mabalingwe (R516)
- Proceed straight for 21km and look out for Building Supply depot and Saamwerk curio shop on your left. Turn right onto the gravel road opposite Saamwerk and call the Monyane Reception number 064 751 5587 to open the gate for you.
- Proceed for about 4km straight up towards the top of the mountain and follow the road until you reach the Monyane Gate.